Introduction: As Common as the Common Cold and Twenty Times More Painful
Part I: What's Causing Your Symptoms?
1. Twenty-Four Vertebrae and Twenty-Three Discs
2. Who Gets Back Pain, and What Causes It?
3. Things That Go Wrong in the Back
4. Spinal Tumors and Metastatic Cancer
Part II: Getting a Diagnosis and Seeking Treatment
5. What's Wrong with Me, and What Should I Do about It?
6. Pain Relief and Nonsurgical Treatment
7. Physical Therapy for Pain, Strength, and Function
8. Making the Decision about Surgery
9. Back Surgery and Recovery
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books