Foreword, by James Kakalios
Part I: Bat-Building Blocks
1. The "Before" Batman: How Buff Was Bruce?
2. Guess Who's Coming for Dinner: Bruce's Twin Brother, Bob, and the Human Genome
3. The Stress of Life: Holy Hormones, Batman!
Part II: Basic Batbody Training
4. Gaining Strength and Power: Does the Bat That Flies the Highest or the Fastest Get the Worm?
5. Building the Batbones: Brittle Is Bad, But Is Bigger Better?
6. Batmetabolism: What's for Dinner on the Dark Knight Diet
Part III: Training the Batbrain
7. From Bruce Wayne to Bruce Lee: Mastering Martial Moves in the Batcave 101
8. Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting: But What Was Batman Doing?
9. The Caped Crusader in Combat: Can You Kayo without Killing?
Part IV: Batman in Action
10. Batman Bashes and Is Bashed by Bad Boys (and Girls): What Can He Break without Getting Broken?
11. Hardening the Batbody: Can Sticks and Stones Break His Bones?
12. Gotham by Twilight: Working the Knight Shift
Part V: A Mixed Batbag
13. Injury and Recovery: How Much Banging until the Batback Goes Bonk?
14. Battle of the Bats: Could Batgirl Beat Batman?
15. The Aging Avenger: Could the Caped Crusader Become the Caped Codger?
16. The Reign of the Bat: Can You Really Become Batman and Remain Batman?
Appendix: Batman's Training Milestones
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books