The second, completely updated edition of this widely read and respected guide is the most authoritative survey available on the perennial question of energy security. Energy and Security gathers today's topmost foreign policy and energy experts and leaders to assess how the United States can integrate its energy and national security interests.
This edition offers fresh analysis and insight into
• Fundamental shifts in the global energy balance
• The revolution in shale gas and oil
• New energy frontiers, from ultra deepwater to the Arctic
• The rising agenda of safety concerns across the energy complex
• Energy poverty
• Infrastructure for modernizing power grids
• Climate security in the current political and economic environment
The contributors offer a lively discussion of the challenges and opportunities presented by these changes and how they affect national security and regional politics around the globe.
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books