Foreword, by Warren Ellis
Preface: The Stark Reality of Robotics
Part I: It's More Than Skin Deep: Tony learns to live inside a suit of iron
1. Origins of the Iron Knight: Bionics, Robotic Armor, and Anthropomorphic Suits
2. Building the Body with Biology: When the Man of Metal Needs to Muscle In
3. Accessing the Brain of the Armored Avenger: Can We Connect the Cranium to a Computer?
The First De cades of Iron: "He Lives! He Walks! He Conquers!"
Part II: Use It or Lose It: Will time tarnish the Golden Avenger?
4. Multitasking and the Metal Man: How Much Can Iron Man's Mind Manage?
5. Softening Up a Superhero: Why the Man with a Suit of Iron Could Get a Jelly Belly
6. Brain Drain: Will Tony's Gray Matter Give Way?
The Next De cades of Iron: "I Can Envision the Future"
Part III: Armored Avenger in Action: If we build it, what will come?
7. Trials and Tribulations of the Tin Man: What Happens When the Human Machine Breaks Down
8. Visions of the Vitruvian Man: Is Invention Really Only One Part Inspiration?
9. Deal or No Deal? Could Iron Man Exist?
Appendix: Ten Momentous Moments of the Metal Man
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books