Series Editor's Foreword
Preface to the Second Edition
Introduction: Presidential Leadership and International Crises
1. Harry S. Truman and the Korean Crisis: "We can't let the U.N. down"
2. Harry S. Truman as Commander in Chief: Decision by Indecision
3. Lyndon B. Johnson and the Vietnam Crisis: "America keeps her word"
4. Lyndon B. Johnson as Commander in Chief: The Strategy of Wishful Thinking
5. George H. W. Bush and the Persian Gulf Crisis: "This aggression will not stand"
6. George H. W. Bush as Commander in Chief: The Imperatives of Coalition Warfare
7. George W. Bush and the Second Crisis with Iraq: "Time is not on our side"
8. George W. Bush as Commander in Chief: History Overpowers Ideology
Conclusion: Four Presidents and Their Wars
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books