Foreword, by Lucian L. Leape, M.D.
1. Medical Error through the Eyes of Clinicians, Patients, and Families
2. What Is a Medical Error?
3. A Brief Overview of the Patient Safety Movement
4. Communicating about Adverse Events and Medical Error
5. Supporting Clinicians in Disclosure: The Coaching Model
6. Practice-Based Learning for Coaches and Clinicians
7. Practical Guidelines for Disclosure
8. Learning through Enacting
9. The Broad Spectrum of Adverse Events and Medical Error
10. Organizational Strategies for Improving Disclosure Practice
11. Future Directions and Closing Thoughts
Appendix: Practical Guidelines for Disclosure
Annotated Bibliography of Key Works
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books