Dementia and related disorders impact the lives of those affected in countless ways, making it difficult to remain independent at work, at home, and in the wider world. But recent studies have shown that structured activities can make a significant, positive difference by stimulating mental engagement while improving interactions between caregivers and memory-challenged adults.
Fun and easy to use, this large-format, full-color picture book is divided into themes representing the four seasons. Each section describes several multisensory experiences—such as walking on the beach, making ice cream, or planting flowers—along with related topics for discussion and activities to elicit memories and encourage new positive associations. The topics and activities incorporate all five senses to facilitate connections and conversations.
The book adopts a compassionate, person-centered approach and is designed so that two people can easily look together while sitting side by side. This latest edition, which has been thoroughly revised,
• takes a multicultural approach
• includes all-new images, as well as 14 completely new highlighted activities
• integrates modern wellness concepts
• features a new introduction and an updated resource section
• offers guidance about activity planning and optimizing interactions between care partners and the individual with dementia
Helping you and your loved one make cherished new memories, Through the Seasons is an indispensable solution to the question of what to do together to maintain well-being and connection.
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books