Introduction: Women Writers and Old Age, 1750-1850
1. Past the Period of Choosing to Write a "Love-tale"? Frances Burney's and Maria Edgeworth's Late Fiction
2. Catharine Macaulay's Waning Laurels
3. What Is Old in Jane Austen?
4. Hester Lynch Piozzi, Antiquity of Bath
5. "One generation passeth away, and another cometh": Anna Letitia Barbauld's Late Literary Work
6. Jane Porter and the Old Woman Writer's Quest for Financial Independence
Conclusion: "Old women now-a-days are not much thought of; out of sight out of mind with them, now-a-days"
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books