Preface to the Second Edition
1. Are Doctors Supposed to Be Doing This?
2. Why It Is Hard to Say No
3. Why We Must Say No
4. Families Who Say, "Do Everything!"
5. Futility and Rationing
6. Medical Futility in a Litigious Society
7. Ethical Implications of Medical Futility
8. The Way It Is Now / The Way It Ought to Be: For Patients
9. The Way It Is Now / The Way It Ought to Be: For Health Professionals
10. The High Points: Medical Futility
11. Medical Futility: Where Do We Stand Now?
Sign up for more information on JHUP Books